Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 102
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: tinnie or inflatable  (Read 323 times)

Offline beaul

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
tinnie or inflatable
« on: Wed 20 May 09:32 2020 »
i am retired and 71 years old, i want to grey nomad and redclaw, squid fishing and maybe whiting and mud crabbing.
the boat must be car topable (holden rodeo 4x4)  motor will be a small tohatsu or electric.
any opinions out there.

Offline BigBoat

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 93
Re: tinnie or inflatable
« Reply #1 on: Wed 20 May 17:35 2020 »
Hi

I have been a grey nomads for 10 years and have had a roof topper, a tandem canoe and now have a crossover inflatable kayak/boat.

Mine is a Swell boat but the most common brand is Nifti Boats.  They are out of NZ but you can get them in Aus. Basically they are a long skinny inflatable tender style boat with an inflatable tube down each side and an inflatable floor.

Great little boat. Stable and dry. Light at 25-35kg depending on size and fold up into a catty bag that fits on your back seat. You can even stand and fish!

I run mine with a 24lb electric which gives me a solid walking pace speed but they will plane with a 5hp.

In my view these are the best option although no good in croc country.

Look them up on Google. A 12 ft model is around $1500 plus motor etc.

I am selling my 10ft model with elec motor and battery withn all the boats goodies, pump, bag, seats for $750 ono. It is suitable for one up to fish, crab etc or 2 up for a cruise

I have included a photo from the swell boat website. Mine is the same without the kayak seat but is blue.

Send me a pm if interested. I am located in Capalaba

Happy travels

BB

« Last Edit: Thu 21 May 11:39 2020 by BigBoat »
BigBoat
532F Signature 115HP Yammie 4 Banger
Quinnie 350 15HP Yammie 2 Stroker

Offline BigBoat

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 93
Re: tinnie or inflatable
« Reply #2 on: Thu 21 May 11:22 2020 »
More info

It has an air floor that blows up to 14lb and becomes hard enough to easily stand up and fish if you want. Sides blow up to 5 lb each. The foot pump can be set to cut off at these pressures. Also has a slide drain bung to drain as required.

Takes less than 10 min to set up or pack up.

Comes complete with travel bag, 2xbench seats 1 of which is padded and a gear bag that gets suspended under the padded seat.

Mob 0403016296

Cheers

Dave
BigBoat
532F Signature 115HP Yammie 4 Banger
Quinnie 350 15HP Yammie 2 Stroker

anything