Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 138
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: A feed of Mackerel  (Read 709 times)

Offline BeastMaster

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 102
  • -Receive: 928
  • Club Awards:
    2016 Inshore Champion
A feed of Mackerel
« on: Wed 22 Apr 19:45 2020 »
Went for a mackerel fish yesterday to stock up the freezer.
 Got to the ramp just on first light   , and we were greeted by a fabulous sunrise and a glass out . Tide was right , moon was right and a southerly wind had been blowing . With a start like that we just knew we were in for a great morning .
On arrival at our spot ,the bait was there ,the mackerel were showing stacked up  on the sounder, and we got a good feed very quickly. Unfortunately I Lost my first shark shield rig to a shark this trip , so one can summarise   ~ since using this rig for the last month or so  it was 11 fish boated Vs  1 to the sharks ,obviously  the magnets work 100%  , 91.7 % of the time 😉😉😉
Unfortunately it was a trophy fish and after a good 20minutes it was just in the water way too long for a big shark to resist it 😩😩.
So if any one sees a big sharks swimming around with various metal objects stuck to it , itís because it got one of my super strong little magnets in is guts.
  • My Awards Yellowbelly Over 60cm Spanish Mackerel Over 150cm Grass Emperor Over 60cm
  • Keep Ya Tip Up

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 5317
    • -Receive: 2137
    Re: A feed of Mackerel
    « Reply #1 on: Sat 25 Apr 13:54 2020 »
    Neil,

You did well, Outsiderskip went out 2 days ago, overnight and next morning trolling from Gold Coast to Palm Beach Reef and no fish anywhere, Too much green water ????

• My Awards Dolphinfish Over 120cm Whiting Over 40cm Sand crab over 16cm

• Offline BeastMaster

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • Club Awards:
      2016 Inshore Champion
    « Reply #2 on: Sun 26 Apr 07:35 2020 »
    Hi Bondy , say hello to Outside Skip , hardest part is finding the bait with Spanish on it  in a feeding mood. They are taking a liking to big baits at the moment . The watsons Iíve been getting recently in the bay are what they ve been taking a liking to. Get out in a southerly wind it seems to be the switch that they get biting on.
  • My Awards Yellowbelly Over 60cm Spanish Mackerel Over 150cm Grass Emperor Over 60cm
  • Keep Ya Tip Up

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #3 on: Mon 27 Apr 19:15 2020 »
    Hi Neil,

Will do so when I see Outside Skip. The Southerlies and South Easterlies seem to get many fish species on the bite hey!

Does Barometric Pressure change affect the fish much ?

• Offline crabby1

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 100
    • -Receive: 519
    « Reply #4 on: Tue 28 Apr 11:46 2020 »
    Interested in the magnets and shark bit in a bit more detail if you care to share

Offline BeastMaster

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • Club Awards:
      2016 Inshore Champion
    « Reply #5 on: Tue 28 Apr 12:13 2020 »
    Hi Crabby soon months ago I got fed up with the number of fish being lost to sharks  so did a bid of reading on shark shield devices divers and board riders use. Seems itís all about the creation of a magnetic field. I got some super strong little magnets and attached them to the top hooks of my trolling rigs . I then used them for about 2 months without loosing a fish .Even witnessed sharks coming in on fish and then veering away where they Ďd in the past just smashed the fish. Last trip my son played a trophy spanish for what seemed about 30 mins before a shark just smashed it . Had stopped  counting, but I must be well over a dozen fish landed successfully to loosing just one on the last trip, thatís good enough reason for me to keep going with the magnets. In saying that my mate has also starting using them he got 6 Spanish last weekend but lost a few magnets to sharks . I think if thereís more than one shark and they are competing for your fish nothings going to help you.
    Where as maybe just a single shark ďmayĒ think twice before taking your fish and maybe give you 1 or possibly even 2 chances at getting it out the water .
  • Keep Ya Tip Up

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #6 on: Tue 28 Apr 15:19 2020 »
    G'day Neil,

I'm interested in how these magnets are configured on the troll lure. Do you some type of current applied to the hook?

• Offline crabby1

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 100
    • -Receive: 519
    « Reply #7 on: Tue 28 Apr 15:37 2020 »
    Only take one fish into boat before you are ahead ;)
    Thanks for sharing

anything