Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Epic paddle  (Read 266 times)

Offline Outcast

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 1826
Epic paddle
« on: Sun 2 Feb 10:57 2020 »
I'm really hoping paddling is good for ya though I'm not really feeling it at the mo, covered 12k's upstream in the morn before turning tail and paddling the 3hrs back to the car to get the sunscreen and hat I'd forgotten  ::) surprisingly still felt pretty good so figured what the hell and set off in the other direction for another 8k round trip, gotta say I doubt I'd even attempt a trip like this in a plastic kayak which are slower, heavier and take a lot more energy than the old glass girl I run, possibly the best $150 I've ever spent especially compared to the 2 1/2 grand peddle kayak I bought at xmas and hate with a vengeance (the worse kayak I've ever seen) but that's another story.
Anyways back to fishin', conditions were great (but very hot) water levels are up a bit but not enough to clear out the weed which still made fishing tough, Toga and Sooties were about but tentative (saw a lot more than I hooked) and a couple a Cod topped the day off nicely.
Cheers.

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline micks

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 150
Re: Epic paddle
« Reply #1 on: Fri 14 Feb 11:56 2020 »
Nice streamlined boat , she'd paddle alright
  • My Awards Mangrove Jack Over 55cm Spotty Mackerel Over 100cm Mulloway Over 100cm Spotty Mackerel Over 80cm Cobia Over 130cm Tailor Over 60cm Tailor Over 70cm
  • The following members said thank you for your post

anything