Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Intro and Logan and Albert River Restoration  (Read 508 times)

Offline Dropbear

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 10
Intro and Logan and Albert River Restoration
« on: Fri 26 Jul 08:11 2019 »
Hi,
I'm Robbie. Mad keen fisher and all round nice guy haha. I live in Wynnum and have a 5m open tiller steer tinny. Love to fish offshore and sweet water and everywhere in between.
I am working and volunteering with OzFish Unlimited and run the Central Moreton Chapter as well as being the Project Officer for SE QLD. Our Moreton Bay website is www.ozfishmoretonbay.org and the national one is https://ozfish.org.au/
We are currently running a project to do trial shellfish reef restoration in Moreton Bay starting at Green Island and Wellington Point. This is a long process with lots of red tape as it is in the Moreton Bay Marine Park and they don't like having people doing stuff.
As well as this we are looking to do restoration projects on the Logan and Albert Rivers and this is the reason for my post.
I need to find out who is actively fishing, stocking and restoring habitat on these rivers.
I am looking to make contact with fishing clubs in the Logan/Albert area, preferably that fish this area.
As well as stocking associations and active Landcare and environment groups working in the area.
Could anyone pass on details for this please.
Thanks
Robbie -  Drop Bear

The following members said thank you for your post

anything