Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Public Boat ramp temporary closed off East Coast Marina 570 Royal Esplanade  (Read 325 times)

Offline Mitchell Bierge

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 345
  • -Receive: 565
 Public Boat ramp temporary closed off East Coast Marina 570 Royal Esplanade, Manly

Go to launch my boat the at the public Boat ramp near east marina
Found it close what is going on there at boat ramp why is it close I cannot believe it  would be close gee it school holidays and Easter coming up soon  so force now to use the north boat ramp at Manly off 40  Trafalgar  road   With the the weather being under 10 knots tomorrow  ( Sunday )  it'sgoing be very congested at that boat ramp now  because the other one is closed just like during the working week people going stuck in congestion in traffic it's unbeliveable now have to cop it on the weekend  at boat  ramp. As well because other is close
To me it's poor planning I now wanted  know why is boat ramp closed saying it temporary  closed not even advising when going re open again wasn't even aware had been shut

Mitch
  • My Awards Whiting Over 40cm Spanish Mackerel Over 150cm Tuna Over 120cm Cod (saltwater All) Over 80cm Sand crab over 16cm Tuna Over 100cm Spotty Mackerel Over 80cm Snapper Over 80cm
  • The following members said thank you for your post

Offline crabby1

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 81
    • -Receive: 460
    Someone needs attitude adjustment for a stupid decision like that.
    Bet parking inspectors are patrolling the other ramp parking during this closure

Offline suerob

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 72
    • -Receive: 127
    I went and had a look at ramp near coastguard about 8am today, carpark totally full, {and not with market shoppers} and boats arriving and then departing as they realise no parking available....never seen that many boat/trailers before, I have seen it full before but with a lot of single cars shopping at markets

imagine this afternoon's chaos with boats returning, why I don't like going out on weekends 

Offline rosco

• Global Moderator
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 1116
    • -Receive: 1245
    • Club Treasurer
    Hi,

I went down to the cafe at Cleveland Point for a coffee about 10.30 Sunday and there were boat trailers parked along both sides of the road, on footpaths for about a kilometre before the turn off to the Raby Bay ramp and down towards the point. Left about midday and a lot of the boats were returning but still boats going down to launch.

It would have been kaos at the pontoon. You can understand why being such great weather.

Cheers,

Ross
  • My Awards Cobia Over 100cm

• Online rayke1938

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 969
    • -Receive: 2477
    It was a busyday at North Pine dam yesterday a total of 10 boats on the water and the first time in 15 years that I have had to wait more than a couple of minutes :)
    Cheers Ray

Offline saph

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 1
    • -Receive: 14
    It was a busyday at North Pine dam yesterday a total of 10 boats on the water and the first time in 15 years that I have had to wait more than a couple of minutes :)
    Cheers Ray

Interesting that they have the workman awarness signs on the dam.
    Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice!

On land line is a inanimate object. Under water it has a life of its own.

Online rayke1938

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 969
    • -Receive: 2477
    That sigh is a scarecrow to keep pelicans away cheers ray

Offline MSB

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 137
    • -Receive: 105
    Hi Ray
    Pretty soon the pelicans will get used to the scarecrow, I suggest you give him a rifle, say something like an SLR or maybe an old 30325, both will fix the pelicans
    Ron

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 5065
    • -Receive: 2021
    It'll be more mayhem with school holidays now
  • My Awards Dolphinfish Over 120cm Whiting Over 40cm Sand crab over 16cm

• Offline Mitchell Bierge

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 345
    • -Receive: 565
     Update  I got sick of waiting  to hear back from my local member and the department on it   so rang the umber today the told me member of the public had broken there ankle on the actual boat ramp got caught between the slab  anther slab so going be there next week Monday / Tuesday  to get pour concrete in it 
    Gee there isn't any sense of urgency to get done and if not fix before Easter going mayhem at north manly ramp  ( I won't be heading out over holiday period aren't fixed last Sunday bad enough )

Unbeliveable gee can't even build things right in first place you look  cut corners  & poor build  it's no different what experiencing last 12 months in my indursty  been going through a project not done correctly in first place  still fixing it up still

Mitch

• My Awards Whiting Over 40cm Spanish Mackerel Over 150cm Tuna Over 120cm Cod (saltwater All) Over 80cm Sand crab over 16cm Tuna Over 100cm Spotty Mackerel Over 80cm Snapper Over 80cm

•  

anything