Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Long Day of Looking before a Happy Ending, Marcoola  (Read 539 times)

Offline Lapras

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 133
  • -Receive: 333
Long Day of Looking before a Happy Ending, Marcoola
« on: Thu 14 Mar 08:58 2019 »
It will be my last chance to fish for a few weeks due to an upcoming minor procedure on my foot, so with the wind dropping and lots of close in gutters and holes, I set off around 10am for a beach fish. Tide was high so I took a pack of my preserved worms.  Conditions looked perfect with nice wave movement sucking along the edges of the drop-offs right at the shore.  Spent the next 4 hours walking from gutter to gutter catching countless little whiting, two just legals and the occasional dart.

I'd run out of bait so was getting a few live worms for a final try when my wife turned up and convinced me to stay a bit longer (didn't take much) with the promise of walking back and returning with a sandwich and a drink - what a lady!

Anyway, after a bit of sustenance and armed with the live worms I fished for a few more hours for no keepers and too many undersized whiting to count. 

Was thinking of leaving again when another fisho came down so thought I would have a few more casts while we chatted.  Over the next hour I managed 6 more keeper whiting and about the same number of just unders, all from the one small gutter.  Interestingly my mate was fishing with soft plastic worms and although we were standing shoulder to shoulder none of his fish were legal.

Despite the time it took, I was very happy with the end result of 8 whiting with a couple well over the 30cm mark.

Have fun,

Dave

PS Fish tacos tonight!

• My Awards Sand crab over 16cm
  • The following members said thank you for your post