Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Battle of the 3 Amigos  (Read 673 times)

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5187
  • -Receive: 2058
Battle of the 3 Amigos
« on: Thu 5 Sep 22:57 2019 »
G'day fellow crabbers and fishos in general.

After recovering from a kidney removal based on an image and report, review 5 weeks later it was found it should have stayed.

Anyway, went to one of my prime honey holes to sink couple of pots and see what the old briney can provide an old seasalt . Couple of chook frames, flathead skull and couple bits of roo was the bait used.

Tide was on the way out but still bit high to keep an eye on my footing, damn, down one hole , bit of a swim, keys and all got soaked. Water was cold, no wind, few midges and mossies was the usual meet and greet. Good old bushmans came in handy.

Checked my pots and was pleasantly surprised to see 2 keepers in first pot, a keeper and throwback in the other. Nice colour and full, done the squeeze and tap test. Beauty, The 3 Amigos decided to party so required to be subdued. Also noticed some good surface action of a fish smashing into the baitfish , no rod with me so catching a feed of fish was out of the question.

Here's the pics.

Happy hunting.
Bondy
  • My Awards Dolphinfish Over 120cm Whiting Over 40cm Sand crab over 16cm
  • The following members said thank you for your post

Offline sheik

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 7
    • -Receive: 39
    Re: Battle of the 3 Amigos
    « Reply #1 on: Fri 6 Sep 10:49 2019 »
    Outstanding result Bondy. Perhaps not with the kidney issue but with the crabs. Good sizes. Wouldnt have been a problem getting wet today with the heat the way it is.

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline MSB

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 193
    • -Receive: 119
    « Reply #2 on: Fri 6 Sep 13:32 2019 »
    G'day fellow crabbers and fishos in general.

After recovering from a kidney removal based on an image and report, review 5 weeks later it was found it should have stayed.

Anyway, went to one of my prime honey holes to sink couple of pots and see what the old briney can provide an old seasalt . Couple of chook frames, flathead skull and couple bits of roo was the bait used.

Tide was on the way out but still bit high to keep an eye on my footing, damn, down one hole , bit of a swim, keys and all got soaked. Water was cold, no wind, few midges and mossies was the usual meet and greet. Good old bushmans came in handy.

Checked my pots and was pleasantly surprised to see 2 keepers in first pot, a keeper and throwback in the other. Nice colour and full, done the squeeze and tap test. Beauty, The 3 Amigos decided to party so required to be subdued. Also noticed some good surface action of a fish smashing into the baitfish , no rod with me so catching a feed of fish was out of the question.

Here's the pics.

Happy hunting.
    Bondy

Good bucks Bondy, bit ordinary about the kidney mate, thanks heavens you can live a pretty normal life with one

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 5187
    • -Receive: 2058
    « Reply #3 on: Fri 6 Sep 20:32 2019 »
    Sheik and MSB,
    How true with regards to the heat of the day.

Good bucks for this time of year. True regarding the kidney, after the other one got taken out, the other is being monitored to make sure it does its' job properly
  • My Awards Dolphinfish Over 120cm Whiting Over 40cm Sand crab over 16cm

• Offline sheik

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 7
    • -Receive: 39
    « Reply #4 on: Tue 10 Sep 10:18 2019 »
    Chances are you'll be fine mate. My son had cancer and had one taken out at 16yo. He's now 23 and doing fine with one...and giving it some work to do also. Ratbag.

anything