Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Up Coming Events

Happy Birthday

Brought to you by Marine Queensland

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Land based fishing spots in Brisbane/Gold coast  (Read 6219 times)

Offline marine11

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Land based fishing spots in Brisbane/Gold coast
« on: Fri 29 Apr 15:24 2011 »
Hi everyone,

i am new to this site and stubbled across it accidentally by seaching fishing spots in google, this website popped up so i though i would give it a go.

I have been fishing around brisbane and gold coast, near Seaworld, Jacobs well, etc. but can only seem to catch undersized fish and not many keepers if any.

can anyone help with some spots to take my 11year old son to catch a decent feed as it is dissapointing not bringing anything home.

also somewhere for mudcrabs.

i have heard logan river is good for fishing, but where im from waterford, it dont look to healthy it is very brown.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.

i dont have a boat. boo hoo.

Offline beach bum

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 223
  • -Receive: 249
Re: Land based fishing spots in Brisbane/Gold coast
« Reply #1 on: Sat 30 Apr 17:22 2011 »
try the "deep hole" behind the tallerbudgera? rsl (near the high way on the south side of the river) you can pump yabbies in low tide and usually get a few whiting or bream with the odd sting ray for fun the water is clear and was unaffected by sewage etc during the flood. not sure about toilets but there is parkland with some picnic tables and a nice sandy snag free bottom with a bit of weed good luck.
Be the person your dog thinks you are.

darren

« Reply #2 on: Sat 30 Apr 20:10 2011 »
you can try under the coomera river overpass.good bream in winter,easy fishing on the north side with the walkway under the m1,use fresh prawn or live if you can get them,toss out your bait so the curent is taking your biat into the pylons.in crab season you can just drop your pots over the side,you will get muddies there

Offline 2010mitch

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 223
  • -Receive: 67
« Reply #3 on: Tue 3 May 21:05 2011 »
yes, as darren said, the coomera river is excellent fishing. my mate catches bream, trevally and mangrove jack. bream at the overpass and mangrove jack around structure. hope this helps. bit late sorry
4.0m Stacer Seahorse + 20hp Mariner

anything