Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Brisbane River  (Read 684 times)

Offline Blaster_Bretty

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2017
  • -Receive: 1935
Brisbane River
« on: Wed 8 Aug 16:43 2018 »
Heres a pic I took today of the brisbane river out at linville, the waters flowing towards me in this pic and at the small rapid section its barely ankle deep!  you can see the remnants of the old bridge that was there and im driving over the new causeway.  Note the cows having the time of there live's drinking and .......what ever else in our lovely river ( would not recommend drinking at all!)
The headwaters for the brisbane river are still a good 30 odd kms away up the road a bit bit its the sheer size of the catchment flowing into the rivers and creeks for hundreds of Sq K/M that create's our beautiful brissie river! Even the bremer river is horridley low up around aratula way, must get a pic of that too!

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline crabby1

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 438
Re: Brisbane River
« Reply #1 on: Thu 9 Aug 08:53 2018 »
I spend a lot of time up stream of there hunting.
The river is currently holds more water then recent past years.
The lead up to Cyclone Debbie some of even the perment waterholes where low or dry. Only the spring feed waterholes held water.

That surface water at Linville would not be there if Somerset water level was lower. The sand underneath would be dry and no sutrface water would exist.
It has been backed with research.
Landowner where I hunt is over 80 and his family been there for over 120years. 
He told me about the dams being high retain the water right where Brisbane river turns into feeder creeks.

You catch any bass or yellas there?
The bass are up further and fellas don't go much further than Linville.

The pelicans have turned up couple weeks ago

Offline Blaster_Bretty

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2017
  • -Receive: 1935
« Reply #2 on: Thu 9 Aug 12:22 2018 »
G-day crabby, no one is allowed on this property, no fishing,hunting or camping, this bloke has lived here since day dot, and his family before that. I deliver as far as mount Stanley, as you go out past linville the river becomes a series of deep water holes feeding into the next via ankle deep Brooks! And yes i can see fish in most wAter holes out there!

Offline crabby1

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 438
« Reply #3 on: Thu 9 Aug 14:06 2018 »
It is beautiful part of the world and hard believe only 200km from the cbd of Brisbane ;)

anything