Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Electric anchor winch?  (Read 165 times)

Offline GShoey

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Electric anchor winch?
« on: Sun 8 Jul 17:57 2018 »
Im looking to put an electric anchor winch on my boat. Can anyone point me in the right direction re which brand to buy and any arguments for or against? I don't have the time to install myself and for such a big ticket item, don't think I would do it anyway so looking for somewhere that offers an install service or can recommend someone who can.

Regards,

Gerard.

Offline NoobBoatie

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 364
  • -Receive: 90
Re: Electric anchor winch?
« Reply #1 on: Thu 12 Jul 08:49 2018 »
Depends on size of your boat, I have a SAVWINCH 500 or so on my 5m boat and I wouldn't go without it.
Cost including installation approx. 2.1-2.5k depending on brand.
I would say your local marine shop should be able to fit it and have some recommendation for you. If you're in western suburbs call Trevor at Karee Marine.

Im looking to put an electric anchor winch on my boat. Can anyone point me in the right direction re which brand to buy and any arguments for or against? I don't have the time to install myself and for such a big ticket item, don't think I would do it anyway so looking for somewhere that offers an install service or can recommend someone who can.

Regards,

Gerard.

Offline GShoey

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Electric anchor winch?
« Reply #2 on: Fri 13 Jul 19:20 2018 »
Thanks Noob.
I contacted Savwinch and they've given me a couple of places to get a quote. Was also looking at the Lone Star winch. My boat is a 6.3m quinnie.