Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: My Gem FC VS Jacobs Well FC comp fishing trip - quality fish quality prizes  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Blinky

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 641
  • -Receive: 576
Mick
Tailor was a bycatch as I was fishing for whiting but have caught tailor in that spot before so I had a pillie over the side on a hand line anyway
Just took the wrong bait!!

As for the bream on whiting flesh I swear by this bait for big bream just use the off cuts from when I fillet my whiting

You have to fish the right part of a tide to get quality fish and if that time is 2am than so be it
« Last Edit: Fri 8 Jun 15:21 2018 by Blinky »
  • My Awards Whiting Over 40cm Tailor Over 60cm
  • just an alcoholic with a fishing problem / DFE  Dead Fish Expert & T1'S Fishing mentor

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline Fishy mick

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 83
    • -Receive: 134
    Thanks for the info Blinky. I must try that at the next Rainbow Comp. The guys up there catch Bream,well over the 1kg mark,gutted and gilled. I would love to know how,as I am flat out catching a legal one to weigh in for the mystery fish and mystery weight prize. I did catch a 3rd prize Bream once at Fraser Comp. Just over the 1kg mark. Catch and release  live weigh in. So he still had guts and gills and was happily swimming around the next day. Didnt get a daily prize because some other guy weighed in 2 bream heavier than mine. There hadnt been a 1kg bream in a few comps. His catch got 1st and 2nd prizes.
    But I did stay out all night for that one,didnt have a comfortable bed ;D
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull

Offline Blinky

• Registered
    • Thank You
    mick

I know the guys that weigh in those big bream at rainbow
    most of them are actually tarwhine which they put under the bream category at rainbow
    fish are caught on beach worms and pippies

try these baits at the comp
  • just an alcoholic with a fishing problem / DFE  Dead Fish Expert & T1'S Fishing mentor

Offline Fishy mick

• Registered
    • Thank You
    Thanks Blinky, I didnt think Tarwine grew that big. I will have to try again. I have used Beachworms and Pippies without any luck. I might have to try night fishing . I thought there may have  been some bream in the area which were land locked as they usually grow really big,or maybe travelling under a school of mullet.There has to be a reason that they grow really big like that.
    I will just have to keep trying.
    Mick

Offline Blinky

• Registered
    • Thank You
    yes mick
    have to h\find a nice size melon hole and fish it at night time to get the results

Offline Fishy mick

• Registered
    • Thank You
    Thanks Blinky for all the advise. I will start looking for melon holes when tide is low and fish them later in the tide. If nothing else,I might catch fish. Not necessarily prize winners but a feed at least. Thanks again for helping me and all the others reading this post.
    Mick

Offline Ruddo

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 15
    Good on ya Mick
    Good to see the Logan still supplying the goods.
    A couple of my mates picked up 18 whiting last weekend biggest 41cm & a 75cm jew on a whiting rig.
    Ruddo ;)