Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: People raping Sandstone Point  (Read 5479 times)

Offline Fisharwashe

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 216
  • -Receive: 255
Re: People raping Sandstone Point
« Reply #15 on: Sun 3 Jun 17:42 2018 »
Sad fact this has been going on for decades, it's nothing new and it's NOT racist to report a clearly identifiable fact concerning a person committing a crime.  You can give all the details under the sun about cars and boats, etc but you STILL need an identifiable description of the person(s) committing the act and such identifiable things as skin colour, race, gender, speech, clothing styles and even tattoos, all stand up as evidence in  ANY court. The sad and undeniable truth is the practice has eradicate species in many of our "neighbouring island countries" because of their own country's inability to act accordingly.  The old "Australia, the lucky Country" has been taken for granted and the 'law makers' don't give a flying fornicating act about our fisheries as the votes attached are considered 'insufficient to warranty their attention". 

Been saying it for decades now, and on this forum and others, get the FF off your bum and make as much noise as you can.  Attach fact to complaint.  List the jobs lost, tourism lost, environmental damage that results from the breaking of eco-support systems, etc, etc.  Get smart about the complaints.  There's a reason the PC movement had such a sweeping change, no reason that methodology can't now be turned around. 

When making a report, keep it factual with AS MUCH evidence as possible WITHOUT being racist, so don't say they were a "colour" rather "they were or appeared to be of  XXX decent and spoke in a non english language which appeared/sounded to be  YYYY"  I determined this by noting the clothing as it was typical of that shown for  XXX and here's a picture.  Deal done!!!  Not racist just factual evidence BUT send to as many places of potential interest as possible.  So you might send an email to numerous council members, news offices, local, state & federal ministers, etc, etc, that a report has filed on MM date for LL reason.  Numbers count.  We need to beat them at their own game if we want to keep we our forefathers gave us. 

Just my humble opinion.

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4908
  • -Receive: 1925
« Reply #16 on: Sat 9 Jun 23:27 2018 »
Fishy mick
Queensland Police are automatically authorised as Fisheries Officers as its within their powers. Few years ago I undertook a course / training that leads to qualifications for a Fisheries Officer, now called Field Officers (Also enforce maritime regulations), at that time Queensland Police were going through the same training i.e. how to measure fish correctly, how to measure nets correctly etc, etc.

The only difference between Fisheries Officers and Queensland Police is that Fisheries Officers can detain but not arrest, Queensland Police can do both as well as un-arrest. It's not unusual to see police with fisheries on the same boat at times. Usually police accompany fisheries when searching a premise (with search warrant).

Bondy
  • My Awards Dolphinfish Over 120cm Whiting Over 40cm Sand crab over 16cm

• Online heffo

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 46
    • -Receive: 29
    « Reply #17 on: Thu 21 Jun 05:40 2018 »
    A few weeks back myself and six mates went to 1770 and did a reef fishing trip on a charter boat. The skipper told us a story how recently he had a group of seven "people" who booked a trip to reef fish. They stopped on their way out for some live bait, then the skipper began the long trip out to the reefs. When they arrived there he came back to show them how to live bait the hooks, but, there was no live bait in the tank. After discussing the whereabouts of the bait in broken english, to his amazement, he found out they ate all the bait on the way out.

Offline MSB

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 119
    • -Receive: 99
    « Reply #18 on: Thu 21 Jun 15:20 2018 »
    Priceless

Offline Fishy mick

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 89
    • -Receive: 135
    « Reply #19 on: Thu 21 Jun 16:09 2018 »
    Thanks Bondy. So if Qld Police can do the job,why dont they. If Fishos are too stretched to do their job properly as there arent enough of them , why dont they send QPS to do the job. Has anyone ever seen Police doing the rounds without Fishos or do they only go when when they can hold hands.? Why bother to train them if they dont use them as a resource.
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #20 on: Thu 21 Jun 19:55 2018 »
    Fishy Mick,

I think they only go with Fisheries if they think there might be a warrant outstanding on the people that Fisheries come across.

I have seen QPS taking photos and videos of people prawning along with their vessel rego a few times, especially around Karragarra and Redland Bay at various times. Like many things I guess, they have priorities, for QPS catching dodgy fishos might not be their number 1 priority.

Bondy

• Online heffo

• Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #21 on: Thu 12 Jul 16:37 2018 »
    On my way home to Sandstone Point this arvo, there were three Fisheries Officers stopping "people" coming up from the beach and saw numerous containers of "illegal" shellfish etc. Great to see some action, they were also there the other day. Spoke with one officer who asked for contact if we see any illegal activities on the beach, photos and car regos. Maybe the word will get out before it is too late, lets hope. Great work Fisheries. :)

Offline Fishy mick

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 89
    • -Receive: 135
    « Reply #22 on: Fri 13 Jul 08:36 2018 »
    Good to see Heffo. Should be more of it. I hope they continue surveilance and checks before its too late and everything is left as a lifeless desert.
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #23 on: Fri 13 Jul 10:21 2018 »
    heffo,

That's what its all about, the fishing public is suppose to be the eyes and ears for fisheries.
  • The following members said thank you for your post

Online mighty quinn

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 717
    • -Receive: 1387
    « Reply #24 on: Fri 13 Jul 19:57 2018 »
    There are a couple of houses that overlook that car park I suggested to fisheries they seek permission to install surveillance cameras there linked back to fisheries HQ to monitor and trigger action plans.That was 12 months ago.
  • My Awards Sand crab over 16cm
  • The following members said thank you for your post

Online heffo

• Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #25 on: Fri 13 Jul 20:26 2018 »
    Fisheries have now posted (2) temporary signs in the car park, one reads roughly "Eating oysters off the rocks is OK, but fines apply for any taken away", the other roughly reads "Removal of sea cucumbers will attract a fine of $522.00" Yesterday, when I was speaking to the Fisheries Officer, he had a bucket with 28 sea cucumbers in it, that they had confiscated from one of the "people".

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #26 on: Fri 13 Jul 22:39 2018 »
    Sea Cucumbers, ( beche-de-mer), hmm, sounds more like overseas customers again, there has been a few caught by fisheries and aired on TV, don't know if that was in Qld or NSW, I cant envisage any Anglo-Saxon eating them.

• Online mighty quinn

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 717
    • -Receive: 1387
    « Reply #27 on: Sat 14 Jul 08:06 2018 »
    Fisheries have now posted (2) temporary signs in the car park, one reads roughly "Eating oysters off the rocks is OK, but fines apply for any taken away", the other roughly reads "Removal of sea cucumbers will attract a fine of $522.00" Yesterday, when I was speaking to the Fisheries Officer, he had a bucket with 28 sea cucumbers in it, that they had confiscated from one of the "people".
    They get the bullet for eating strawberry's while picking on the farms.They won't pay fines they go back home early.
  • My Awards Sand crab over 16cm

• Online heffo

• Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #28 on: Sat 14 Jul 15:41 2018 »
    Went for a walk with dogs this arvo to Sandstone Point at low tide, and guess what , I saw a "people person" with a half bucket of oysters he just came in to shore with. Told the "people person" to read sign in car park and unless he returns them to the rocks, I will ring Fisheries. Well he said in funny english "me not know" and took off back out to the rocks, to where about 20 or more of "people" were collecting items. I looked out to sea and thought what are the chances of a tidal wave, then took the dogs home, before they ended up in some "peoples" bucket.

Offline MSB

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 119
    • -Receive: 99
    « Reply #29 on: Sat 14 Jul 19:26 2018 »
    Heffo, it is going to give you a stress attack, let it go mate, you have done all you can do, have a cold beer and go fishing, nothing is going to change!! 
    MSB