Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: 40hp tiller  (Read 575 times)

Offline Proudy

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 22
40hp tiller
« on: Sun 18 Mar 09:02 2018 »
Hi all, how are you?

About to buy a new 40hp tiller steer.
Have realistically been restricted to 4-stroke due to regulation, probably not the worst thing in the world.

I have not problem with any of the major brands, I think they are all good motors now days. And all around the same price.

Who has the best tiller handle?
I'm thinking this may be what pushes me one way or another. Or are they all the same??

Thanks
Rob

Offline MSB

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 69
Re: 40hp tiller
« Reply #1 on: Sun 18 Mar 10:00 2018 »
Hi Proudly

In my opinion you cannot do any better than the Yamaha tiller everything is where it should be for easy operation, motor runs as smooth as a singer sowing machine, I recently sold my 4.2mtr stacer nomad with a 40hp yamaha which i had for 10 years and never had one issue, my new outfit is a 4.2mtr quintrex renegade with a 40hp Etec, very similar tiller setup to the yammie , new motor is very good but not as quiet and refined as the yamaha.

MSB

Offline Millsy

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: Wed 21 Mar 09:12 2018 »
Suzuki is my pick always. This is my second, first was a Suzuki DF 250Hp. When I was choosing recently I looked at weight, power, fuel economy and service support. Suzuki was the pick in the end. I have a new 4.2 renegade tiller with new Suzuki DF 50 Hp, I love the power and fuel economy and the tiller arrangements are fantastic.
Good luck with you purchase.

Offline Proudy

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #3 on: Thu 22 Mar 04:34 2018 »
Thank blokes.

I just ordered the Suzuki.
Main reasoning over the yam is that the Yamaha is a tuned up 30hp, as the Suzuki is a tuned down 50hp.  Just liked the idea of extra displacement.

If I lucky, I might get it this weekend. Then up to 1770 for. Week at Easter.

Thanks again
Rob

Offline pegasus

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 20
« Reply #4 on: Sun 25 Mar 10:37 2018 »
Rob,
I have a suzi 40 hp tiller- all on the handle plus a tacho there also- very happy.   Sweet o/b. I have owned suzi s for the last four  or  five o/bs-on different rigs-  no troubles  - great units. Jeffer s motorsport Burpengary  looked after me with a great trade /deal- impressed with those guys- no affiliation with them - just a happy customer.  Good  shopping.
Cheers,
Lew

The following members said thank you for your post