Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Selling a boat blues !  (Read 938 times)

Offline Archer63

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3354
  • -Receive: 1678
  • Live for today
Selling a boat blues !
« on: Fri 2 Mar 16:58 2018 »
Heard today that our boat was under contract...after 3 days online with a major boat yard !
Gotta be happy with that.

And I am...and yet...sitting here on my veranda having a beer and a glass of red, there is also some mixed feelings.

When our boat came into our lives back in 2012 it opened up a whole new exciting world for us that we had never experienced. Imagine exploring the Pin for the first time, Kooringal at the bottom of Moreton Island on a perfect sunny early autum morning, snorkelling on the wrecks at Moreton, exploring coochimudlo, fishing at the salt works at Macleay Island where I caught my first ever snapper and our youngest caught her 41cm bream at the same spot, the wife and I both pulling in 41cm whiting for the first time on the Nerang River at night....magic.

But the biggy we will miss is our breakfast BBQ's on the beach at Peel Island...followed by a swim in the clear waters on a calm day....we felt like millionaires and envied no one.

Easy to forget about the negatives such as coming back from Peel last year with the wife suffering a compression fracture of L1 when I crashed over the wake of a large boat....sorry about that dear :(

Have come back in larger waves safely before...even heading back to Redland  Bay boat ramp from Macleay in a strong northerly or out the front of Cleveland Pt....but quite often its the smaller deceptive waves that seem to get you.

So...for the moment we are without a boat....but we will be back within a couple of years with a bigger, softer riding more comfortable fibreglass job to have more adventures in.

Funny things boats....once you get one....from the first trip they start creating memories and become a part of you.

Cheers
Rob

• My Awards Whiting Over 40cm
  • Draggin The Line

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline Blaster_Bretty

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 1979
    • -Receive: 1903
    Re: Selling a boat blues !
    « Reply #1 on: Sun 4 Mar 18:02 2018 »
    Hang in there old mate!  wont be too long!

Offline Archer63

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • Live for today
    « Reply #2 on: Sun 4 Mar 18:29 2018 »
    Hang in there old mate!  wont be too long!
    No Bretty..we know what we want...but the people who own them tend to hold on to them  ???
  • Draggin The Line

Offline NoobBoatie

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 354
    • -Receive: 89
    « Reply #3 on: Wed 14 Mar 14:40 2018 »
    From the title I thought you were gonna talk about tyre kickers and no shows...
    I had same feelings when sold my first boat. Still think I should have kept her. But different type of boats probably suit different stage of life so i'm still keeping in touch with my buyer hopefully one day buying it back from him haha.

Offline Archer63

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • Live for today
    « Reply #4 on: Wed 14 Mar 19:38 2018 »
    Missed the tyre kickers and time wasters thankfully....but it cost me a few grand...oh well !
    Miss the boat but don't want it back...it's going to a bloke with a young family apparently which hopefully means many safe enjoyable adventures for them.
    For us....onwards and upwards with something a bit more comfortable next time.
  • Draggin The Line