Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 106
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Found a good wrecker  (Read 719 times)

Offline beach bum

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1100
  • -Receive: 723
  • fishing use a lure. Catching take live bait
Found a good wrecker
« on: Sat 10 Feb 18:51 2018 »
After a bit of rooting around today figuring out the problem I was chasing a drivers side front power window motor for my wife's 105 series cruiser, this morning I had pulled the regulator n motor out and found it was an aftermarket replacement that had a vent facing up that had collected any moisture that found it's way into the inside of the door and feed it into the top of the motor causing it to corrode. Phoned a few suppliers we use for our work Utes and found a new one was an order in n wait job plus the price was getting up there. I had it in bits n wanted to get it working today as the car doesnt get much down time between work n family life. So I started to call a few wreckers n was put onto these guys by another wrecker that didn't have what I was after. They did n at a fair price so I packed up the kids n headed off to pick it up n fit it as my wife had to work today n so she took my ute to work while I had the kids. Long story short new motor n regulator is in n wife is happy took n we the kids to the beach up the coast this arvo in the cruiser once I finnished.  But when I was at the yard I noticed that there was a lot of 80 series n GU onwards to be wrecked. They had other smaller stuff too but mostly 4x4 out the front so I will be going back if I need anything else in the future. They are behind the bunnings at rocklea.
Looking forward to the next trip

The following members said thank you for your post

anything