Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Macks not yet but a nice surprise  (Read 2265 times)

Offline michaelfish

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 295
Macks not yet but a nice surprise
« on: Thu 28 Dec 15:07 2017 »
Got out last week to try to see if the Spotties had arrived ,most boats had gone down to Mermaid but decided to try a few marks just past the Bait grounds in only 25 mtrs of water .
Found some good shows of bait and some nice lines on the sounder that where right on the bottom so got the livies right down  ,all on wire and no runs .Had to get back early so just about to head for home and the rod went over and was on a big run on 20 lb mono ,new straight away not a Mackie  but thought it had to be a Cobia then saw the nice big silver bellie had never picked up a jewie when fishing with wire .The fish went 1.15 and some nice fresh Jewie steaks for Xmas
Mike

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline dongo12

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Macks not yet but a nice surprise
« Reply #1 on: Sun 4 Feb 18:50 2018 »
Very nice jewie! Definitely made the trip worth it. Just wondering...what is the docking system you have for your boat? It doesn't look like the standard floatbricks?

Offline michaelfish

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 295
« Reply #2 on: Sun 11 Feb 16:13 2018 »
Hi from Michael
The system is made here on the Coast Atlas Marine 61755971933 not cheap but a great system this will lift 1000 kg and I had a 21 ft ORCA  on it .

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline dongo12

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: Mon 12 Feb 19:46 2018 »
thanks Michael, i will give them a call. is it a drive on system? my boat looks similar spec to yours, i was looking at dockpros floatbricks, but yours looks much more sturdy.

anything