Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: So you still think the Brissy River is safe????  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Fisharwashe

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 203
  • -Receive: 252
So you still think the Brissy River is safe????
« on: Mon 11 Dec 07:47 2017 »
The attached sign has been erected at Pinkenba boat ramp and there are reports of others appearing.  If it's too dangerous to touch the water then anything that comes from it or from the sediment can't be considered safe either.  Interesting the press aren't all over this..... yet ???

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline mighty quinn

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 695
  • -Receive: 1358
  • My Awards Sand crab over 16cm
  • The following members said thank you for your post

Offline Fisharwashe

• Registered
    • Thank You
    Re: So you still think the Brissy River is safe????
    « Reply #2 on: Wed 13 Dec 15:41 2017 »
    Thanks MQ but you do realise the reason those signs are put there I trust.  They are an admission and cover them for any insurance claims that may get made, thus meaning all the testing has already been done and the issue noted and logged.

All the "happy monitoring" in the world won't change a thing, the leachate or contaminate(s) are present in sufficiently extreme amounts for the need to over-ride and install "cover our ar$e" signage which their risk management team would have no doubt demanded.  Once erected, any claim can simply be be referred back to "user error and ignoring the clearly posted warnings". 

Common sense (river flow) would suggest the ingress point is well above the ramp.  There are many of these signs around the river, I simply say, think again.  Then ask how they intend to correct the issue? 

Offline mighty quinn

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 695
    • -Receive: 1358
    « Reply #3 on: Wed 13 Dec 18:34 2017 »
    Exactly, this bustard state government would have had to borrow money even to put the sighs up,they have no dough to fix anything,going back a few years now they did a similar thing with KSD drive just put sighs up saying pot hole next 5ks or something very similar instead of filing the holes,again cash strapped.
  • My Awards Sand crab over 16cm
  • The following members said thank you for your post

Offline Fisharwashe

• Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #4 on: Wed 14 Feb 09:17 2018 »
    OPPS!!!  Public is advised NOT to touch the water in Brisbane river but admit to knowing the problem  https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/38926623/authorities-urge-public-not-to-touch-water-in-parts-of-brisbane-river/

anything