Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: 1st December crab  (Read 363 times)

Offline bondy99

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4566
  • -Receive: 1762
1st December crab
« on: Sun 3 Dec 21:14 2017 »
G'day fellow fishers,

5 days ago I decided to set 3 pots out for a night soak at a different section of a creek which I had frequented in the past, I noticed some additional broken glass (beer bottles) since last time I ventured there, decided to go elsewhere where no footprints could be seen. What a rare treat, managed to find such a spot, it was a vey humid day, expecting a storm but no such luck. For bait I used chicken frame and whole mullet cut in half for each trap. I made a bait bag from codend material, crabs will have a hard time trying to tear that material apart to get to the food buffet, gutter guard is no good and customised polypipes is a pain, my bait bag is easy as and does the job.

On 1st December I retrieved my traps, obviously not as good as Bermot and others have managed, but better than nil. Despite the colour of this crab, it was full. 16cm across the carapace.

Few days before that, decided to go down to Butcher Boys at Runaway Bay for a drive and see what they have in their display windows. Oysters and big ones at that. Managed to get a tray of these. Here's a pic of both.

Bon Appetite
  • My Awards Dolphinfish Over 120cm Whiting Over 40cm Sand crab over 16cm
  • The following members said thank you for your post

Offline Bermo82

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 167
    Re: 1st December crab
    « Reply #1 on: Tue 5 Dec 18:34 2017 »
    Nice feed Bondy,

I wonder what the poor people are eating 😆