Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Gettin' them up to scratch  (Read 409 times)

Offline Outcast

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 1014
Gettin' them up to scratch
« on: Sun 17 Sep 15:49 2017 »
Well I did get some fishing in but most of the weekend's been working on the kayaks and boat, picked up a Garmin Striker 7si which I took for a squirt Fri and love it, at $720 it's way cheaper than the equivalent in the other brands and is ideal in the kayak the only slight draw back is the plug setup which I wouldn't like to be removing every trip so mounted it in semi permanent, also doesn't have mapping but you don't need that on the dams, did have to modify the rudder to avoid the transducer by simply putting a bolt through the blade to stop it dropping all the way down which still works ok.
The old 788 that was in that yak has been transferred to the boat as a dedicated GPS so I can run the 598 side scan on full screen which is great for an old blokes deteriorating eye sight.
Also fitted a couple of different paddle holders to the kayaks, the old bungy setup in the big yak was a pain and a couple a cheap paddle clamps sorted that, the glass kayak had a problem in that the paddle kept sliding overboard when you were playing and landing fish, sorted that with a couple of a lot more expensive roller clamps.
Also decided to reinstate the old glass Bass kayak as a spare so refitted all the rod holders and hatch, now I gotta get a combo for that which will make a total of 5 sounders but I have seen a 788 on ebay which isn't working but has all the bits so be nice to score that cheap and share the 788 from the boat.
In between all that I also chucked a bit of glass on the stem and stern of the red yak where it's wearing a bit thin and figured I better get a few topwater Bass lures up to scratch just in case I get the urge (don't underestimate the Jitterbugs at a third the price they produce just as well as the Pompadours and with some new hooks and a bit of araldite they're plenty strong enough) now I just gotta decide where, when and what to do next weekend???

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline Outcast

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 1014
Re: Gettin' them up to scratch
« Reply #1 on: Sun 17 Sep 15:53 2017 »
more

The following members said thank you for your post