Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: itsn't suppose be winter weather not summer what is mackerel in shallow water  (Read 266 times)

Offline Mitchell Bierge

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 329
  • -Receive: 534
  Well its was my first trip in the boat for over 3 bit  months  working away back in WA  & then come back  starting new job on the Gold Coast then  my  push-bike accident ( after first week of work ) still on road to recovery  and  then thought   was suppose be  winter weather  not summer what is mackerel doing  in shallow waters
 Well my target species was winter whiting  easy to catch  for my recovery  well when got bitten  I knew straight away what  they where was  ( because Nugget  mention in his morning fishing show    put  out straight a floated bait  they got smashed  I even got   landed mackerel on   my little kids alvey road and reel on 2 kg's  line set &  lost 2 goods ones at boat & caught about 10 undersize one all re lease's  too and got my usual dozen whiting  weren't  as thick  because I know why some big  toothy fish chasing them  around hiding in the sand  taken cover in rouse /little ships channel 

Mitch   
  • My Awards Whiting Over 40cm Tuna Over 120cm Spanish Mackerel Over 150cm Cod (saltwater All) Over 80cm Sand crab over 16cm Tuna Over 100cm Spotty Mackerel Over 80cm Snapper Over 80cm
  • Outboard Manufacture's need to do recalls  instead off leaving the knowed problems carry on for years do nothing about+Authorized service outboard agents need to be train properly in doing checks & know the problems instead of just leaving it put the boat owner at risk on the water & lives in danger

The following members said thank you for your post

anything