Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 76
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: 1770 Range Questions  (Read 841 times)

Offline blairv

• Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 410
1770 Range Questions
« on: Thu 3 Aug 06:02 2017 »
HI Guys

Heading up to 1770 around the Ekka break and though I would love to get out to the reefs I am not sure about my range. I can get 150kms plus a safety margin out of my boat which seems to just get me there and back I think without moving around and finding fish at all - that would mean another maybe 40-60 litres in Jerry Cans?

Alternatively, how about spots between 1770 and the reefs? Are there any good areas in between.?

To give you an idea I can fish the 50s off the GoldCoast and back on half a tank (calm day)  if that makes any sense

Cheers

Blair
  • My Awards Spanish Mackerel Over 120cm Mulloway Over 100cm Marlin Over 100cm Sand crab over 16cm Snapper Over 80cm Spotty Mackerel Over 80cm

• Offline billp

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 35
    Re: 1770 Range Questions
    « Reply #1 on: Thu 3 Aug 09:07 2017 »
    Straddiebrad is doing the trip with a couple of others from another Brisbane forum, you should maybe PM him as I have seen quiet a few reports over the years of trips they have done to the reefs off 1770.

Offline The Commodore

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 71
    • -Receive: 91
    1770 Range Questions
    « Reply #2 on: Thu 3 Aug 20:41 2017 »
    Its about 65km to fitzroy from agnes. Dont forget to take plenty of extra fuel incase the weather turns bad, you can use a lot of extra fuel punching into 20 knots for 65km.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BeastMaster

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 29
    • -Receive: 596
    • Club Awards:
      2016 Inshore Champion
    « Reply #3 on: Thu 3 Aug 21:26 2017 »
    There's plenty of reef to fish with your 150lt capacity.
    South Bustard, Inner and Outer Wides, Banana Gutter and Inner and Outer Rocks.
    I suggest strongly if you want to fish Musgrave, Boult or Fitzroy etc u should be taking another 80lt plus Lts. All these locations are approx 60 odd kms from the mouth of the creek.Its a long way home if your punching into the wind. The extra fuel will also give you plenty of options to move around a bit witout worrying about it.You dont want to be getting towed in from out there.
    regards
    BeastMaster
  • My Awards Grass Emperor Over 60cm
  • Keep Ya Tip Up

Offline Balls n all

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 23
    • -Receive: 30
    « Reply #4 on: Sun 6 Aug 07:33 2017 »
    We went to Musgrave out to the reef 5k max twice then back 150hp etec on 200ltrs was ruff on the way out but plaining all way home think we used 160-170ltrs

The following members said thank you for your post