Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 75
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Newest Members

Happy Birthday

Select Theme

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Miami Ocean View Tourist Park  (Read 972 times)

Offline Archer63

• Club Member
  • Registered
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3444
  • -Receive: 1668
  • Live for today
Miami Ocean View Tourist Park
« on: Tue 11 Jul 19:27 2017 »
Wife and I took off down to the gold coast last Friday for a long weekend and stayed at the above park. Very impressed with this small park which only had two main streets as such, but everything was spotless including the grounds, modern shower block and communal eating areas.

I have a feeling that our fellow Victorians liked it just as much as we did....as the place was full of them !
They sure know how to celebrate catching up with each other for an extended happy hour that's for sure.

New caretakers just started a week or so ago and were very friendly and put on a free BBQ breakfast Saturday morning which we thought was a nice touch. Too bad we had just had a nice cooked breakfast at the coffee place just around the corner....but sure looked and smelled inviting. Very short walk to the beach, esplanade coffee place, Miami mountain and the North Burleigh Surf life saving club where we went for a meal.

Read about a Dutch sand pumping vessel working the gold coast this winter and saw it just off Miami Mountain. I noticed a rather long gutter running all along this area and wonder what the fishing would be like ? Would the sand pumper ship put the fish off or would they be hanging around for an easy feed ?

The only small whinge I have (and it is a very minor whinge) is those sparkling clean modern shower blocks have those stupid fixed shower nozzle's that are too low for us six footers. Must be a slow learner as every time i went to dunk my head under the water I banged my head against the wall  :roll:

Fantastic little weekend getaway and would recommend this park to anyone.

Cheers
Rob
  • My Awards Whiting Over 40cm
  • Draggin The Line

The following members said thank you for your post

Offline lowey

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 35
    • -Receive: 36
    Re: Miami Ocean View Tourist Park
    « Reply #1 on: Thu 13 Jul 17:50 2017 »
    Thank you very much for that Rob, wife and self are heading there in a few weeks for the first time and your report is very helpful. We will be in our forward fold camper that we have only had a few trips in.
    We are sorting it out for a 6 week trip to the York peninsular next year.
    We have free camped to date but most of that trip will be at parks meeting up with our friends from Perth.
    Been a while since last post but will try n get my finger out n do a couple reports on fishing as well.  ::) :-[ 8)
    Bruce

Offline Archer63

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • Live for today
    « Reply #2 on: Thu 13 Jul 19:07 2017 »
    If you are heading there Bruce I am sure you will enjoy your stay.
    Still deciding on where to go for our next weekender, but have pencilled in Yamba for a week stay in October/November. Just not sure which park to stay at, but will definately be taking the fishing rods on that trip.
    York peninsula....SA ?
    Sounds like a great trip...and popular from what I understand.

Cheers
    Rob
  • Draggin The Line

Offline Muzza

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 283
    « Reply #3 on: Thu 27 Jul 09:21 2017 »
    Thanks for bringing back great memories for me Archer63.

Our family and various aunts, uncles and cousins camped at the North Burleigh camping ground in the 50's and 60's, before they closed it down in 1969, when the Miami Pub was built and we had to apply for an Xmas spot on the other side of the Miami Mountain - the old Miami Caravan Park. We got in a couple of years later and you had to re-book for the next year, or you were shuffled out.

When I was 18 my parents let me have the big marque tent after they went home. One day this young lass walked into my tent in a very brief string bikini, with a girlfriend of one of my mates. That beautiful lady and I have now been married for over 35 years. We camped at Miami for many years and have a lot of fond memories of getting up, having a surf, then coming back up for breakfast and then surfing until lunch, crashing out until 4pm, then going for a tailor fish off the rocks, if there was a gutter there, or just out the front.

One year the tailor were on at Easter and we covered my brothers 10'6'' mal surf board with choppers and some good greenbacks. The year before we were married, we stayed down there over the June long weekend and I caught a 2.1kg sea bream in the gutter out front. My uncle was standing next to me and he reckons it is still the biggest bream he has ever seen. I have a photo of my wife (girlfriend at the time) holding it with her fingers in it's gills and the tail is below her elbow. I thought it was a snapper in the fading light, when I first saw it and I had to run down to the receding surf line to put my foot on it, when it snapped my line.

Miami is one of the great beach fishing spots on the coast, as is the other end at Burleigh out in front of the highrise units. We haven't stayed down there for a few years now, but will take our van down there for a week or so next year, when I retire.
    Muzz

Offline Crocb8

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 60
    • -Receive: 180
    « Reply #4 on: Thu 27 Jul 10:05 2017 »
    If you are heading there Bruce I am sure you will enjoy your stay.
    Still deciding on where to go for our next weekender, but have pencilled in Yamba for a week stay in October/November. Just not sure which park to stay at, but will definately be taking the fishing rods on that trip.
    York peninsula....SA ?
    Sounds like a great trip...and popular from what I understand.

Cheers
    Rob
    If your thinking of Yamba go the extra 110 ks and try Wooli.  beach estuary and rock fishing, the park is right on the estuary. The fishing is good and your only an hour away from great little towns like Redrock. Highly recomend this part of the world.   There is a great charter from wooli as well. last pic is our last campsite in the park.

Offline Archer63

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • Live for today
    « Reply #5 on: Thu 27 Jul 10:23 2017 »
    Some great memories Muzz !!

Such a nice quiet little van park and the new manager's are really good.

It does indeed look like a promising place to fish which is not too busy. I am drooling over hearing about that big sea bream as catching one of these is definitely on the wish list.

Yamba - for good or bad we have booked a site at the Dolphin Tourist Park - really looking forward to having a fish close by.

So many options out there for long weekends away which makes it hard sometimes to make a decision, but a good position to be in for sure.

Cheers
    Rob
  • Draggin The Line

Offline Muzza

• Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #6 on: Thu 27 Jul 14:25 2017 »
    Rob,
    That van of yours looks like a Jayco of some sort - Eagle? I have a 2015 Eagle Outback Offroad and we are off to Yamba on the 18th and 19th of August, then on to South West Rocks for the following weekend to fish the Inverell RSM Fishing Club comp and then down the inside to my sons place at Warrnambool for a few weeks.
    I hope to chase some big King George whiting off Kilarney Beach using local pippis while I'm down there. My neighbour is from down there and reckons he had this spot to the left near the rocks, where you could catch KG whiting, so if I can tick that one off the bucket list it will be good. Have to remember to take the waders.
    Muzz

Offline Archer63

• Club Member
    • Registered
    • Thank You
    • Live for today
    « Reply #7 on: Thu 27 Jul 18:56 2017 »
    2013 Swan Outback Muzz...bought it Xmas eve 2015.

For us, at this point in time, it is the perfect size. Plenty of room inside when the beds are extended, along with the extended space inside the annex. Just got to do the fridge twin PC cooling fan thing before it starts getting warm again and will be right....oh....and seriously considering getting a McHitch.

Only a few more weeks to go before you head off hey... have a great trip.

Cheers
    Rob

• Draggin The Line

Offline Muzza

• Registered
    • Thank You
    « Reply #8 on: Fri 28 Jul 11:52 2017 »
    We bought our Eagle Outback early this year off a guy who had everything put on it. Spare no expense. We will be doing a lot of one night stops on our coming trip south, so I invested in a self supporting Fiama roll out awning and will only put the Kakadu awning back on if we holiday in the one place for a week or so.
    The Jayco vans are pretty versatile and suit my wife and I, now that my son has his own place and there are only the two of us and the dogs. I've got my new Hilux set up with an aluminium tray and canvas canopy that has a dog box built in, so the dogs will sleep up there at night.
    I might post a few photos of the trip.
    Muzz

Offline Fisharwashe

• Registered
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 133
    • -Receive: 201
    « Reply #9 on: Sun 30 Jul 08:40 2017 »
    Take a pump if you've got one Muzza, the big KG's LOVE nippers(yabbies)

anything